Thursday, July 8, 2021
- 4 pm - Registration and event information points will open
Friday, July 9, 2021
- 7 pm - Cyclists will start in groups of 50 people. Groups will start with two minute intervals.
Saturday, July 10, 2021
- The fastest groups will arrive to Imatra in the early hours of Saturday morning
- The slowest cyclists will have time to complete the route until Saturday night
|Saimaa Cycle Tour 285 km||Price|
|Registration fee until 31.3.2021||150 €|
|Registration fee from 1.4.2021||170 €|
The registration fee includes:
- Beverages and snacks at service points
- Food at two service points and at the finish
- Participation bibs
- Timing chip and timing service
- A medal or other memorabilia for those who finish the route
- Electronic printable diploma
- First aid services
- Massage services
- Bike service (spare parts paid separately)
- Transportation to the finish line for those who DNF (did not finish)
- Shower and changing rooms
- Guarded storage service for your personal items during the event
- Credit and debit cards: Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Debit MasterCard, American Express and Discover
- Finnish bank payments: OP, S-Pankki, Aktia, OmaSp, POP Pankki, Ålandsbanken, Handelsbanken, Nordea, Danske Bank
- Finnish sport benefits: Smartum, Edenred, ePassi, Eazybreak, Tyky
Saimaa Cycle Tour reserves the right to use photos (and videos) of the participants taken during the event to market the event. If the participant wants his / her image not to be used in advertising, he / she is asked to contact Saimaa Cycle Tour immediately after the event.
When using clear facial images, we try to find out the identity in the image and contact us before using the image.
We recommend booking accommodation well in advance.
Accommodation offered by Saimaa Cycle Tour partners:
- Imatran Kylpylä offers accommodation in a hotel and quality rental cottages.
- You can book accommodation by calling the Imatra Kylpylä sales service: +358 300 870 502 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vuoksi Fishing Park offers accommodation in a camping area near the event area.
- There are places for motorhomes or caravans, tents and also a few small cottages can be booked.
- You can book accommodation for: email@example.com or by phone +358 40 556 0121
Tourist information or ideas for accommodation can also be found at www.gosaimaa.com. You can also search for accommodation through various booking services (eg Bookings.com or AirBnB).
DRESSING ROOMS AND SHOWERS
Dressing rooms and showers can be found at Imatra Uimahalli and Urheilutalo Kotipolku 2, Imatra (event area map coming later). The changing rooms and showers are open before the event on Friday 9.7 from 16.00 and will close on Saturday 10.7 at 19.00.
STORAGE OF LUGGAGES ETC.
A guarded luggage storage point can be found at Imatra Sports Hall at Kotipolku 2, Imatra. The luggage storage point opens on Friday, July 9, 2021 at 4 pm and closes on Saturday, July 10, 2021 at 7 p.m.
All luggages etc. left in storage must be marked with their own name or participation number and the goods will only be handed over against an identity card or their own participation number.
Guarded bike storage points can be found in two locations:
- Imatran Sports Hall from Kotipolku 2, Imatra. Bike storage is open from Friday 9 July at 2 pm and closes on Saturday 10 July at 7 pm.
- Imatra City Hall at Virastokatu 2, Imatra. Bike storage is open on Thursday 8.7 from 16:00 to 21:00. On Friday, July 9, the bike storage will open at 9 a.m. and close on Saturday, July 10, at 7 p.m.
The bike coming to storage must have the participant's name and / or entry number. The bike with the name name are handed over, for example, against the driving license and the bikes marked with the participation number are handed over against the participation number.
TRAFFIC CONTROL AND RULES
The Saimaa Cycle Tour is run mainly among normal road traffic and the route follows traffic rules. Other traffic is warned and directed at larger intersection areas and especially at places identified as pre-hazardous, eg at road crossings. For safety reasons, parts of the route will be converted to one-way during the event. Other traffic is closed in the start and finish areas.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE AT SERVICE POINTS AND AT THE FINISH
Hot and cold drinks are available at all service points along the route. Only cold drinks are available at Fast Stop service points. You can also fill your own Bike Bottles with Enervit sports drink or water from the service points.
- Blueberry soup, Enervit sports drink, juice, water, coffee and tea are available at all eight service points. Bananas are also available at 5 service points.
- Only Enervit sports drink and water are available at Fast Stop service points.
- For these points, groups can also implement their own service point.
- Hot food, bread and butter are served at the Sulkava (104km) and Punkaharju (184km) service points. Punkaharju also serves porridge.
- Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available for food, but you may have to wait a while.
- The paint serves smoked salmon pasta salad, non-alcoholic beer or water.
- A vegetarian and gluten free option is also available.
- You must have a Saimaa Cycle Tour number to get food.
FIRST AID SERVICES
At all service points in the event and in the area of the event at Imatra City Hall at Virastotie 2, Imatra has trained Finnish Red Cross´s first aid staff to assist throughout the event. They can help with minor injuries or treatment that require first aid. More demanding treatment procedures are handled by on-call hospitals or health centers along the route.
Saimaa Cycle Tour does not offer any medicines. If I need any kind of medication, then we recommend that you bring them with you.
If you get muscle cramps, neck or shoulder aches, etc. while cycling, then a trained masseur can help you. You can get a short massage that focuses on that acute problem area. and Massage is free and is offered by Saimaa Cycle Tour in cooperation with Rela-Hierojat (www.relahierojat.fi).
- From the 104km service point in Sulkava, all service points have the opportunity to get a massage to an acute problem area.
- At the finish, it is possible to get a short 10-15 min massage, for example on the legs, back or neck-shoulder area, free of charge.
Please note that at service points and especially after the finish, the massage may have to be queued for a long time.
MAXIMUM TIME LIMIT
The maximum completion time of the Saimaa Cycle Tour 285km route is 18 hours, which means an average speed of approx. 16 km / h with stops. The Sulkava service point (at ~ 104 km] closes about 6.5 hours after the last departure and the Punkaharju service point (at ~ 184 km) closes about 12 hours after the last departure. you will be provided with transportation to the finish area of the event.
Finnish law prohibits littering. Don’t throw any debris into nature along our beautiful route. Bring the rubbish with you to the rubbish bins at the nearest service point or to the marked rubbish areas along the route.
If the Saimaa Cycle Tour receives information about littering by the cyclist´s, this will result in the cancellation of the entire performance and the denial of the right to participate for the following year. In this case, the organizer is unequivocally absolute and there is zero tolerance for litter in the event.
Thank you for helping us keep Finland's nature clean.
Before the event
We wish that you will come to the event with a pre-maintained and in good condition bike.
However, if you need help before the event, you will find Saimaa Cycle Tour partners' bike service points in the event area. These service points can help you maintain your bike. If you need maintenance for your bike, get there in time.
Bike maintenance work is free, but the necessary spare parts must be paid to Saimaa Cycle Tour or it partners.
During the event
There is also a bike service tent at all service points in the event, where you can get help with the most common technical problems. In addition, there are Saimaa Cycle Tour service cars on the route, which will help participants if necessary.
Maintenance work from service points or a car is also free, but the necessary spare parts must be paid to the event organizer or partners.
What do I do if I have a technical problem with bike?
In the event of technical problem, the first task of each participant is to prevent further damage and the primary aim is to repair the technical problems himself or with the assistance of another cyclist.
- In the event of a technical problem, report it to the another cyclists and immediately go right to the right side of the road.
- Do not panic or get nervous but check the necessary maintenance measures.
- If this is a maintenance procedure that you know how to do yourself and you have the necessary accessories and tools, carry out the maintenance in peace.
- If you are unable or unable to perform the necessary maintenance, you will have to wait for the organizer's service car moving on the route, which can help you with the most common maintenance procedures.
- The service is free, but any spare parts or major accessories must be paid for to the event organizer or its partner.
- Please note that you may have to wait for the service vehicle.
- Position so that you are visible and when approaching the service vehicle, raise your hand clearly to indicate service assistance.
- If maintenance cannot be performed on the roadside, a service vehicle can transport you and your bike to the nearest service center.
ACTION IN THE EVENT OF AN INJURY
In the event of a crash or other situation that could result in personal injury, the first task of any cyclist is to prevent further injury.
The organizer has a first aid manager who can be reached by phone. His
through it, the necessary first aid is directed to the site.
- As stipulated in the Finnish Road Traffic legislation, everyone is obliged to help in the event of a traffic accident. Please always help in a crash situation.
- Don’t panic or get nervous but check the condition of the injured.
- Immediately on the right side of the road, go to the small area if movement is not a problem.
- If there is a surface scar, asphalt rash, or other damage and you are able to continue cycling, you can get first aid from the nearest service center. All service points have a first aid tent.
- If injuries require first aid along the route, you can contact the organizer's first aid by phone if necessary.
- Contact person and information will be provided later
- Report whether there has been an accident or illness.
- Provide your own name and contact information, as well as the most accurate location possible.
- Answer any questions and wait for further instructions. Do not close the phone until you have given permission.
- Direct the organizer's first aid unit to the scene.
If the side of the crash does not respond to the interview, does not breathe, the heart is suspected
malfunction or is suspected of a more serious injury
degree so then contact the emergency center immediately.
- Phone number: 112
- Report whether an accident or illness has occurred.
- Provide your own name and contact information as well as the exact location possible.
- Answer any questions and wait for further instructions. Do not close the phone until you have given permission.
- Direct the first aid unit sent by the emergency center to the scene.
DNF (did not finish)
The Saimaa Cycle Tour hopes that all participants will be able to cycle along the route
from start to finish. However, if it happens that the trip is interrupted for one reason or another, proceed as follows.
- If possible, stop cycling to service points and notify service point personnel.
- If you have to stop cycling on your route, wait for a service car that can transport you to the nearest service point.
- Be sure to notify the organizers of the interruption in all cases
- If you do not need the transport of the organizers, then be sure to let the organizers know
Transportation in case of DNF
All interrupts have arranged a free transfer to the finish area in Imatra at Virastotie 2 (finish area) by the organizers.
- The interrupts will be picked up at the event's service points.
- Please note that you may have to wait longer for transportation.
The bikes of dnf cyclists are also transported to the finish area free of charge.
- Bicycles can be transported at different times than by cyclists.
- The bikes of those who have dnf will be transported to Imatra at the finish area of the event to a guarded bike storage area, where the bike can be picked up with your own participation number.
LOST & FOUND
You can inquire about the lost items during the event on the Saimaa Cycle Tour
from the event office at Imatra City Hall or luggage storage in Imatra Sport Hall. You can inquire about items lost after the event firstname.lastname@example.org or a telephone number to be provided later.
CANCELLATION OF REGISTRATION
Registration has no right of cancellation. With a medical certificate, registration can be carried forward free of charge to the following year. Registration can be transferred to another person for a service fee of EUR 20.00.
If cycling has to be canceled due to weather conditions or other obstacles beyond the control of the organizers, the right to participate in the event will be automatically transferred to the following year. If the participant does not wish to carry over the right to participate to the following year, the organizer reserves the right to withhold a maximum of 50% of the participation fees for the costs already incurred.
For the sake of clarity, the continuation of the current Covid-19 pandemic can also be considered a surprising obstacle within the meaning of this paragraph. We do not refund participation fees paid for various employee benefits, in which case only a carry-over to the following year is possible.
The Covid-19 pandemic can cause changes in the execution of an event or prevent the entire event from being organized. As this is an outdoor event and there is no mass departure for the route, we are able to prepare for the situation in many different ways. The method of implementation is affected by the current guidelines of the authorities.
If the Covid-19 situation prevents the event from being organized, then all registrations will be carried forward free of charge to the following year.